Bethany Home Society is looking for a trustworthy, mission compatible individual with visionary leadership and management skills to become its next Executive Director. Bethany Home invites applications and nominations of candidates with the skills, characteristics, and experience described below.
Bethany Home Society is a faith-based, nonprofit organization located in Ripon, California whose mission is to serve seniors. Established in 1963 by the Reformed and Christian Reformed Churches, Bethany Home Society provides security, support and care of the highest possible quality, at levels appropriate to each individual’s needs. Bethany Home manages and develops resources responsibly to assure excellent standards of service. Bethany Home is licensed as a Multi-Level Retirement Community with Independent living, Assisted living including Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Adult Day Care and In-Home Care Services.
The Executive Director has the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, guidance and development to a staff of 230 people.
- Manage a $12 million annual budget, meeting the goals of Bethany Home.
- Work with the board and staff to create, implement, monitor and adjust a strategic and tactical plan.
- Engage and work in collaboration with the board of directors on matters of governance, mission, vision, and strategy.
- Lead a continuous process of strategic thinking that will enable the board and staff to consider all internal and external trends, revisit assumptions and directions, and make meaningful changes in direction as needed.
- Speak and advocate for Bethany Home Society’s mission, programs and services.
- Relate to seniors in a compassionate way that energizes them and makes them feel valued.
- Assure that the operations of all programs and facilities are in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Desired Skills, Characteristics, and Competencies
The Executive Director should have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- A keen interest, genuine passion for, and deep personal commitment to Bethany Home Society’s mission to provide excellent services to seniors at every level including: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, In-Home Care and Adult Day Care, while remaining distinctly Christian.
- The capacity to facilitate visionary thinking and to articulate a clear, collective vision that will motivate and inspire the staff and board.
- The ability to develop and supervise a committed and talented professional staff.
- The commitment and capacity to develop and support a board in becoming more deeply engaged in its role as a fiduciary, steward, and strategic asset.
- A strong public presence and the ability to represent Bethany Home Society effectively before a wide range of audiences.
- Personal qualities of commitment, integrity, and sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Energetic, self-directed and well-organized to handle multiple tasks, select priorities, and focus on the issues that will contribute most to the enhancement of services and growth of Bethany Home Society.
- A good listener and a creative problem solver who is patient, collaborative, and able to reconcile divergent points of view.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and at least three years of experience as an Executive Director in the senior healthcare field.
- Current California Nursing Home Administrator’s license or qualify for such.
- Measurable results in hiring, mentoring, developing, leading, and retaining staff.
- A demonstrated track record of building an organization at the local level.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Guidelines for Candidates
Nominations and applications should be sent to:
Adam Hutchins, Director of Human Resources - email@example.com
The Search Committee
Adam Hutchins, Director of Human Resources
Bethany Home Society of San Joaquin County, Inc.
930 West Main Street
Ripon, CA 95366
Candidates should provide a cover letter describing their interest in and qualifications for the position, a resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references. In the cover letter, candidates should address the following questions:
- Describe how your faith impacts your approach to the care of seniors.
- Give an example where you have seen an organizational strategy through to a successful conclusion.
- Describe your approach to solving conflict.
References will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
For full consideration, materials should be received by June 1, 2015.